Amplifying New Voices
As the Gaming Industry of VR & AR evolve, we have an opportunity to build the breadth of voices from all aspects of our community. At this pivotal moment in our community, we can help change and shape the space of these industries by mentoring diverse participants who are emboldened to become creative leaders.
This program, now in its second year, provides a full-day workshop of hands-on training and coaching for applicants who demonstrate high-potential as new voices, with the goal of creating outstanding, activated role models for under-represented groups of perspectives.
Location: San Francisco
The program gave the the knowledge - and confidence! - to finally submit a talk at GDC. My talk got accepted, so I'll be speaking this year - Elisabeth Beinke-Schwartz
What happens at ANV?
Professional and Personal Development.
Participants work closely with mentors while learning more about PR, enhancing their public speaking & presentation skills.
Attendees are introduced to a likeminded community that inspires and supports new voices, helping each other change the face of the Games, VR & AR industries.
GDC Conference Support.
In addition, ANV provides a complimentary pass to GDC, and a stipend that can be applied towards flight & hotel accommodations in San Francisco
Speaker Coaches to be announced!
You are eligible if you:
- Create games that focus on some aspects of diversity or identify as belonging to an underrepresented group in the Games, AR and/or VR industry
- Show potential as a game developer (artist, game designer, engineer, producer, sound designer or writer) and willing to grow as a public role model
- Are mid-career: 3-8 years in the industry, preferably with at least 1 shipped title (casual, indie, AAA or VR)
- Nomination or applications due: January 11, 2017
- Attendees announced: January 20, 2017
- Attendees acceptance by: January 27, 2017
- Amplifying New Voices: February 26, 2017
Combination of excellent mentors, useful training and an opportunity to meet some great people in the industry" would be my nice thing to say - Nathan John
Apply / Nominate
Applications are Now Closed.